Monday, July 2, 2007

iPhone Quirks - Before you call tech support...

I have experienced 2 quirks and both were easily resolved.

1. my primary e-mail account did not sync properly and I had problems sending e-mails. If you have any problem like this, first try deleting the account directly via the iPhone and then re-entering the information directly on the iPhone. This cleared all my problems up and future syncs didn't change anything for me.

2. I had a very frustrating problem with the keyboard where during data entry, pressing keys on the keyboard would take me out of Safari and throw me back to the home page. I thought this may have been the result of the phone falling 4' glass side down on the floor (not a freaking scratch by the way) and was somewhat distraught about the prospects of going back to the Apple Store for an exchange. I simply powered off (hold power key down 5 seconds and then "slide to power off") and powered back on and my keyboard works fine again. I probably learned the "off and on" trick from using Microsoft for years and am glad to see my past trouble shooting skills will not be lost on the iPhone.

No comments: