Saturday, June 2, 2007

Seidman’s Law: You Should’ve Never Trusted Hollywood

Actually that isn't "Seidman's Law".

Seidman's Law is simply this: if the truth hurts, it's because you're doing something that you know (consciously or subconsciously) that you shouldn't be doing, but you're doing it anyway.

I bring it up here only because Mark Cuban's solution to "save the National Hockey League" which pretty much jibed with my own solution does wind up hurting me on some level. The beauty of this law, if you care in the littlest bit about improving your own self awareness is that if the truth hurts you, but you don't know why, that correlates 100% with you (or in this case, me) being in denial about it. So the truth hurts me because I'm in denial in some way about being such a hypocrite. And knowing the truth hurts, but not why means: denial and that is an awareness opportunity for me.

For those who care, Cubes solution to save the NHL was for the stars of the NHL to basically get involved with the likes of Paris Hilton and Lindsay Lohan and wind up showing up in People magazine (or at least the National Enquirer).

I agree it would probably work, but something about this truth – hurt me, so I listened to System of Down's "Lost in Hollywood" about 30 times and it came to me.

Lindsay and Paris are pretty foul people. I mean they are famous and attractive, but really, they are pretty vile. They have the whole world by the balls and yet, they still need to be showing up skanky and drunk all the time. To the tune of they are both going to jail for being the skanky, out-of-control drunks that they are.

You wouldn't want your kids going out with girls (or their male equivalents) like this, but even though Lindsay and Paris both act horribly vile, regularly, and in public to the point of J-A-I-L they still have enough value that they could save the NHL.

Where's my hypocrisy? Well…

Writing about Cuban, Paris and Lindsay is the only thing that wound up automatically feeding my blog postings into the "world". In this case the small world of people who care about the NHL, but I'm not against capitalizing on the value of Lindsay and Paris' skankyness, or cashing in on Cuban's cred either.

The hypocrisy on my part? I'm SO over it.

I'm totally down, just like the NHL should be, to use Paris and Lindsay to get attention. Damn if it doesn't seem to work.

-
Update, I'm not alone: Media in frenzy over jail-bound Paris Hilton

No comments: